[Python-Dev] PEP 3144 review.

DrKJam drkjam at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 21:07:21 CEST 2009

2009/9/26 "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>

> > I don't think the RFCs forbid the zero address being used
>

> RFC 1122 does: "IP addresses are not permitted to have the value 0 or -1
> for any of the <Host-number>, <Network-number>, or <Subnet-
> number> fields (except in the special cases listed above)."
>
> The current version of the PEP and reference implementation do not mention
or deal with IPv4 classful addressing (A, B, C, D and E). It would be good
to know if any of this (admittedly older yet no less important)
functionality is going to be supported. If the library is to concentrate
solely on classless addressing (i.e. CIDR) please can this be stated in
future revisions of the PEP.