[Python-Dev] PEP 3144 review.

Peter Moody peter at hda3.com
Sun Sep 27 09:34:42 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 6:34 AM, Barry Scott <barry at barrys-emacs.org> wrote:

> On 14 Sep 2009, at 17:44, Peter Moody wrote:
>
>> Folks, Guido,
>>
>> I believe PEP 3144 is ready for your review.  When you get a chance,
>> can you take a look/make a pronouncement?

> IPv4Network('192.168.1.1/16')
>
> You can decide on which bug this shows.
>
> 1) parse must raise exception on bad input
> 2) repr does not show input
>
> Barry

thank you, Barry, for your continued interest. Since it may have been
lost in the 200+ messages on this topic, issues with the current
implementation can be filed at:

  http://code.google.com/p/ipaddr-py/issues/entry

In case you missed it, I'm trying to move discussion of the PEP over
to ipaddr-py-dev at googlegroups.com b/c pep-0001 is fairly explicit
about trying to avoid long open-ended discussions. I'm pretty sure bug
reports like this at the end of 200+ messages qualifies as long and
open-ended.

Cheers,
/peter