[Python-Dev] PEP 3144 review.

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Sep 29 08:11:32 CEST 2009

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I've never heard of someone who had a use case for
> denormalized fractions, but I don't doubt that Peter has a use case
> for denormalized IPNetwork objects. (Do you doubt that Peter has such
> a use case? If so, we have a much more fundamental disagreement.)

It would be interesting to know what his use case is. Maybe
it can be addressed in a different way that doesn't require
denormalised network objects.

 > my "sometimes it
> would be useful" was meant as a gentle nudge in the direction of
> keeping the .ip attribute.

I think the point is that it would have to be useful a
*lot* of the time, not just "sometimes", to be worth
having it on every IPNetwork object.

--
Greg