[Python-Dev] test_thread tracebacks

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 30 03:43:10 CEST 2009

It's been awhile since I rebuilt Python and ran the test suite.  This
evening I noticed this on my Mac (OS X 10.5):

    test_thread
    Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method ThreadRunningTests.task of <test.test_thread.ThreadRunningTests testMethod=test_stack_size>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/skip/src/python/trunk/Lib/test/test_thread.py", line 51, in task
        self.done_mutex.release()
    thread.error: release unlocked lock
    Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method ThreadRunningTests.task of <test.test_thread.ThreadRunningTests testMethod=test_stack_size>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/skip/src/python/trunk/Lib/test/test_thread.py", line 51, in task
        self.done_mutex.release()
    thread.error: release unlocked lock
    Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method ThreadRunningTests.task of <test.test_thread.ThreadRunningTests testMethod=test_stack_size>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/skip/src/python/trunk/Lib/test/test_thread.py", line 51, in task
        self.done_mutex.release()
    thread.error: release unlocked lock
    Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method ThreadRunningTests.task of <test.test_thread.ThreadRunningTests testMethod=test_starting_threads>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/skip/src/python/trunk/Lib/test/test_thread.py", line 51, in task
        self.done_mutex.release()
    thread.error: release unlocked lock

Oddly enough, this didn't cause the test to fail.

Is this a known problem?  Should I open a ticket?

Skip