[Python-Dev] PEP 389: argparse - new command line parsing module

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 18:21:52 CEST 2009

Brett Cannon <brett <at> python.org> writes:

> Obviously if one of the getopt supporters has a better way of doing
> this then please speak up.

I'm not a getopt supporter per se - I'm +1 for argparse - but Opster provides
some nice syntax sugar on top of getopt, and can be seen here:

http://blogg.ingspree.net/blog/2009/09/14/opster/

I've contacted Steven about a similar approach for argparse, and we're waiting
for Yuvgoog's work on argparse(func) to be done to see if there's a feasible
similar approach.