[Python-Dev] OS information, tags

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Apr 12 16:44:06 CEST 2010

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:06:29 +0530, Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
>            I am surprised to see that the bug-tracker
> doesn't have an OS classifier or ability to add
> tags ? Since a number of issues reported seem to
> be OS specific (one can find a lot of Windows only
> issues upon a search), won't adding these fields
> help bug triaging ?

As someone else pointed out, we do have Windows and Mac components.
Historically the number of bugs specific to other OSes has been small
enough that it hasn't been worth having classifiers for them.  Or perhaps
it's that we haven't had devs who were specifically tracking those
platforms...

We can add additional components if the community sees a need for them.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com