[Python-Dev] Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 14 07:11:07 CEST 2010

> Why is it unavoidable that the Mac build will languish behind others?

Because of lack of volunteers, and expertise (i.e. the experts lack time).

> Are we supporting MacOs or aren't we?

We aren't. Strictly speaking, "we" (python-dev) "support" nothing (in
the sense that "we" can promise a support hotline, service contracts, or
 anything in that respect). That includes timely availability of stuff.
If you want Python "support" on MacOS, contact Apple, ActiveState, or
any other company that provides actual support.

In a wider sense of "to support", MacOS is certainly supported by
Python. There is everything in the source code that you need to make
Python run on a Mac. Just download the sources and compile them yourself.

> Clearly it's not a priority given that nobody has seen fit to (or had
> time to) reply to this mail in three weeks.

That is not surprising: none of the webmaster people would be able to
answer the question. python-dev is indeed the right place to ask.

Regards,
Martin