[Python-Dev] patch for review: unittest ImportError handling

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Apr 14 11:16:04 CEST 2010

I'd really like to see a fix that works with loadTestsFromNames - generating
failing tests, for instance, and the failing tests having the full import
error string in them. This doesn't preclude raising ImportError from
loadTestFromName, and in fact I'd encourage that as a step towards the
aforementioned loadTestsFromNames change.

It is a change with the existing misguided behaviour; sometimes thats better
to do than preserving compat; as you say a new API might be best overall
though. I'd go with a keyword arg rather than a new function, I think.