[Python-Dev] Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X)

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Apr 14 15:47:23 CEST 2010

On 14/04/2010 13:58, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2010, at 02:45 PM, Michael Foord wrote:
>

>> Can we amend that to having some placeholder text saying that the Mac
>> installer is not yet available and a link to the previous available
>> version please. That can then be replaced with the normal link once the
>> Mac installer is uploaded.
>>
> You mean, on the x.y.z release page, or a separate page?  I guess you're
> saying that it's better to include some "not available yet" text on the x.y.x
> release page than to just comment out the platform.  That makes sense, and I'd
> be happy to do that, since I already make such a caveat in the release
> announcement.

Yes, I mean on the release page. The issue is that the download links on
the sidebar / front page go straight to the latest release page. If
there isn't yet a Mac installer available, and no alternative link to
get the previous version, it leaves Mac users with no obvious way to get
a Mac installer *at all*. (Those who know the site well can find the
previous versions themselves, but for users not intimately familiar with
our site layout it is 'a challenge'.)

Thanks

Michael

--