[Python-Dev] Automatic installer builds (was Re: Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X))

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Apr 14 21:02:27 CEST 2010

    Martin> On the slave, you need to install buildbot, and create a slave
    Martin> configuration; it would the be good if the slave process would
    Martin> somehow get restarted automatically after a system reboot (I
    Martin> think there are recipes for that out there).

A static IP address makes things a bit easier as well, though it's not
impossible to run a buildbot using a dynamic IP address assuming you use
dyndns.org or something similar to maintain the name-to-IP mapping.

I ran a Mac OSX buildbot for the community buildbots for awhile but never
did figure out at the time how to get it to fire up on reboot.  That was a
few years ago.  I think today that would easily be accomplished with an
@reboot crontab entry.  Dunno if that was available way back then, but it's
certainly supported on Mac OSX now.

Skip