[Python-Dev] patch for review: __import__ documentation

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 22:41:39 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> There is no need to email python-dev about individual patches just to get
> them looked at. There is a mailing list that we all subscribe to that send
> an email on all new issues and another one on every change to any issue. You
> should only email python-dev if a patch you wrote has been sitting around
> for a very long time and is not being actively looked at or you think it
> should hold up a release.

Sorry, I had received somewhat different guidance on tracker-discuss:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tracker-discuss/2010-April/002482.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tracker-discuss/2010-April/002483.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tracker-discuss/2010-April/002484.html

Otherwise, I would not have bothered to e-mail the list.

I will be more conservative about posting to python-dev in the future.

--Chris