[Python-Dev] MSDN licenses available for python-dev

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 19:37:49 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:16, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On 02:56 pm, techtonik at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Twisted folks will surely appreciate any help and may be able to
>> contribute back.
>> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Windows
>>

> Extra Windows and VS licenses would certainly be helpful for Twisted
> development, and might lead indirectly to CPython/Windows improvements. Is
> this the kind of use for which it is appropriate to request an MSDN license
> via the PSF?
>
> Jean-Paul

To my knowledge, no. I'm only handling PSF-specific subscriptions so I
wouldn't be comfortable giving them out for developers of Twisted or any
other project. However, I would encourage those projects to contact the OSTC
directly to start up a relationship.

Since you are active and fit the criteria for CPython, I can give you a
subscription and I know of no restrictions on what it's used for outside of
CPython.

Brian