[Python-Dev] PEP 376

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:54:08 CEST 2010

Hello,

I think I went through all the latest feedback regarding PEP 376.

There will be still some work of course, on the implementation side
(for instance the Zip issues described by PJE).

But I would like to go ahead and propose PEP 376 for acceptance.

If it's accepted, I will implement it in pkgutil for Python 3.2 and
provide a backport in distutils2. (In fact Michael Mulich has
started this work in distutils2, so it might be done the other way)

The next big piece is the FHS-compatible handling of resource files,
which will worth a PEP on its own.

Regards
Tarek

--