[Python-Dev] Enhanced tracker privileges for dangerjim to do triage.

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 26 13:05:01 CEST 2010

On 26/04/2010 11:58, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> [snip...]
>
> I'm not claiming that the current balance is right.

Hmm... the core development team (those who make commits once a month or
more frequently) is very small, the number of people doing bug triaging
is currently good but also small. We have patches and issues in the
tracker that may have responses but will never get properly looked at
because no-one on the core team is interested or has the mental
bandwidth, we have possibly hundreds of modules in the standard library
without a maintainer.

I think it is very much in the interest of Python to evolve our
processes in order to encourage more core-developers. Evolving means
experimenting *and* being willing to change. It is certainly less
*effort* to accept the status quo, but with several more committed and
enthusiastic (and good) core developers there is an awful lot (more) we
could achieve.

All the best,

Michael Foord