[Python-Dev] Make 'normal' the default tracker priority level

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 26 23:39:37 CEST 2010

On 4/26/2010 5:02 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> Eric Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I have now changed to make 'normal' the default priority for new issues.
>>> Shall I also set the priority on all past issues to normal which have
>>> them currently unset?
>>
>> I think the only risk is for issues that had a priority and were then
>> deliberately changed to unset. Given how unlikely that is, I think you
>> can go ahead and do this.
>
> I can also filter them out:
>
> roundup_tracker=>  select distinct id from _issue, issue__journal where
> id=nodeid and _priority is null and action='set' and params like
> '%priority%';
>    id
> ------
>   1404
>   1601
>   3947
>   5249
>   5273
>   5334
>   6150
>   6453
>   7540
>
> I will try to expand this to a proper update query, but only tomorrow.
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>
> P.S. Interestingly, it was tjreedy who unset the priority on issue 6453
> where it was previously normal :-)

An accident. As I wrote in the next message: "Must have been random
glitch. I certainly did not change state and priority." David Murray
replies "I wonder if your browser is doing something weird with the form
field settings.  Or it may have as you say been a random thing...I know
that has happened to me once or twice where I refreshed the page in an
odd order and reset some fields I wasn't intending to reset."

7540, 5334, 5273, 5249, 3947, 1404  are release blocker or other
higher-than-normal priority issue whose high priorities were cleared
when and as the issue was closed. Hirokazu Yamamoto (ocean-city), in
particular, seems to think that higher-than-normal priorities should be
cleared when issues are closed. I presume this is a mis-understanding. A
critical open issue should just become a closed critical issue. If so,
the clearings should be undone.

6150 had release-blocker set and cleared the day before closing.
Not sure on this one whether it is case of above or below. It hardly
matters though.

1601 had priority set to high and reverted on same day by different
people. It should have been set back to normal.

I am willing to fix all of the above by hand, if you want, but refrained
for the moment because of the spurious message-to-nosy-list spew.

Is there anyway to make unsetting not possible?

Terry Jan Reedy