[Python-Dev] please take a look at buildbot result [was: Broken link to download (Mac OS X)]

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Apr 29 19:35:16 CEST 2010

On 29/04/2010 16:13, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> On 29 Apr, 2010, at 16:39, Bill Janssen wrote:
>

>> Ned Deily<nad at acm.org>  wrote:

>>> If it were working that could be of use.  It would not be able to run OS
>>> X 10.6 but having a 10.5 system PPC system as a buildbot would certainly
>>> be useful; it should be fine for the default installer configuration
>>> builds.  (Alas, I don't expect to be anywhere in the vicinity in the
>>> foreseeable future.)
>>>
>> I've identified 4 G4/G5 machines at PARC I can set up as build slaves
>> on either Tiger or Leopard, and the first one of those is up (G4/Tiger)
>> and running.  Can someone (Ned?) take a look at the output and see if
>> the errors are currently expected, or if I need to do more
>> config/install work?  I'm using Xcode 2.5.  If it's good, I'll go to
>> work on more.
>>
>> The build slave name is "parc-tiger-1".
>>
> As Antoine noted the test failures are unexpected, could you check if the tests pass if you do the build and testrun manually?

Well - I have nine failing tests on trunk for Mac OS X with Snow Leopard.

9 tests failed:
     test_cmd_line test_imp test_import test_posix test_pydoc
     test_runpy test_urllib2 test_urllib2_localnet test_warnings

I believe that Victor has ensured that the buildbot failures have open
issues against, I'm just going to check that the failures I see are the
same.

Michael

> IMHO it would be better to do a framework build for at least some of the OSX buildbots because that's what is in the binary installer for OSX.
>
> Ronald

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.