[Python-Dev] pdb mini-sprint report and questions

Ilya Sandler ilya.sandler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 02:10:04 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm the submitter of the original patch and would like to help with it if I can.

> One issue that's not yet closed is #7245, which adds a (very nice IMO)
> feature: when you press Ctrl-C while the program being debugged runs,
> you will not get a traceback but execution is suspended, and you can
> debug from the current point of execution -- just like in gdb.
>
> However, there were apparently issues with some of the buildbots when
> the patch was applied for a short time.  I also don't know how and if
> it works on Windows, so I'd need some helpful people testing it.

For whatever it's worth, it worked for me with python trunk (2.x) on
Vista, when I tried it manually.  But I don't know how to implement
the unit test there (subprocess module doesn't support sending SIGINT
programmatically on windows either). So the test_pdb2 test does not
check signal behavior on Windows platforms.

Buildbot failures are still a total mystery for me ;-):  the failures
were happening elsewhere and seemed to be unrelated to test_pdb2. Is
there any other way to apply the patch and run the tests on failing
platforms?

Ilya