[Python-Dev] No response to posts

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Aug 3 06:02:01 CEST 2010

Ron Adam writes:

 > Yes, but when I do it, I either get a single specific day, or 2700
 > issues.

If your query specifies an activity date, you will get only issues
with activity that date.  If it sorts or groups on activity date, you
will get all issues (subject to other conditions), but you can easily
view either the first 50 or the last 50 by choosing direction of sort.

 > Have you tried it?  I tried various different spelling and could
 > only enter one specific day, "today" works, but "1 month" or "2
 > years" doesn't.

I hadn't tried it at that time; I just stated a general fact about
Roundup's capabilities.  Sorry for not making that clear.

A correct interval syntax, which was tested and works in the creation
and activity fields of XEmacs's Roundup tracker (Python's is refusing
to talk to me at the moment) is "from 2010-06-01 to 2010-07-31".
Another is "from -1m" (meaning from one month ago to now; other units
are "y" for year and "d" for day).

Many others are described in the Roundup User guide.  I don't have an
URL for the current upstream version offhand, but one adapted for
XEmacs's tracker is here:

http://tracker.xemacs.org/XEmacs/its/@@file/user_guide.html#interval-properties

(this part is just the upstream version verbatim, a couple years old).

 > What does work is entering a partial date, ie...  2010-07 for all issues
 > with activity this july. Or 2010 for all issues with activity this year.

Warning: This didn't work as expected for me with the "from ... to
..."  syntax.  Apparently in from/to syntax, a number with no hyphens
is interpreted as day-of-month, and with one hyphen it's month-day,
with no sanity checking.  I'm not sure what it thinks 2010-07 means,
but it gave me everything in our tracker. :-)