[Python-Dev] No response to posts

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Aug 3 06:28:51 CEST 2010

Mark Lawrence writes:

 > I completely disagree.

Mark, please stop being disagreeable.<wink>  The above is *not true*.
You've made no statements I can recall insisting that the only way to
skin a cat is to use a GNOME theme, only that the cat needs skinning.

Before you posted that, Benjamin had already clarified that his worry
is that new fields will be added to the tracker, or available values
for some fields will be changed.  He's right, experience shows that
adding fields to the tracker confuses reporters and responders alike,
unless it's done very carefully.

But he has no objection to improving the tracker's reporting
capabilities.  I think the tracker currently has plenty of information
to do a much better job of responding in a timely fashion than was
done in the past, so there's plenty of room for you to do your work
without imposing new bureaucracy on others, yes?  There's no real
disagreement here (unless you think it would be a good idea for
Benjamin to stop doing release manager and do issue triage instead, in
which case, I certainly hope he disagrees!<wink>)