[Python-Dev] (Windows) buildbots on 3.x

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:48:30 CEST 2010

On 3 August 2010 20:30, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> Brian is looking at Windows now (the buildbots are
> a sad and sorry story).

There seems to be something distinctly wrong with the 3.x buildbots. A
lot of test failures and timeouts. At first I assumed it was my
buildslave going flaky (again :-() but it only affects the 3.x branch,
and it seems to be hitting more than just my slave. From what I'm
seeing, it's often test_io that's getting stalled and then sitting
round until it times out. (But as I say, it's not obviously related to
problems on my box as it's happening to others - see
http://www.python.org/dev//buildbot/builders/x86%20XP-4%203.x/builds/2652
for example - and it's not happening on other branches).

I haven't had time to look into it (and probably won't in the next few
days) but it might be worth a look at some point if anyone has the
time & inclination.

Paul.