[Python-Dev] Drive suffix

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Wed Aug 4 17:18:31 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> It's Windows specific syntax and always a colon. Use
> os.path.splitdrive() to parse it. I don't think there's a need to add
> a named constant for it (you're the first to ask, in my memory).

HI Guido, I'm not a windows user or developer, but I concur.
When I was reading this post I kept thinking to myself that Windows
is one of the only Operating Systems with a File system that reuiqres
this [A-Z]:\ syntax. All sensible POSIX systems I know and File Systems
all mount various other media on "mount points". *shrug*

--James

--
-- James Mills