[Python-Dev] #2651 - KeyError does not round trip strings

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Thu Aug 5 07:35:22 CEST 2010

2010/8/4 Łukasz Langa <lukasz at langa.pl>:
> Shall we do an e.index for IndexErrors as well?

I don't recall stumbling over that need, but the parallel makes it
tempting.  I expect is should be a separate patch, though.

Antoine's right about using keyword args from C, though.  I'd expect a
new helper function that handles this specific case, since it's likely
to be common.  Whether it used a keyword are or just performed a
setattr after the exception is created doesn't really matter.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at gmail.com>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein