[Python-Dev] barry_as_FLUFL

LD 'Gus' Landis ldlandis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 18:25:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

  I just read an interesting article (interview with Fred Brooks).
  See: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1600886

  Eoin: The book contains a lot of explicit and implicit advice for those
  who must manage design projects. What would your top three pieces
  of advice for such managers be?

  Fred:
  1. Choose a chief designer separate from the manager and give him
      authority over the design and your trust.
  2. Plan for the iterative discovery and screening of requirements.
  3. Prototype (or simulate with models, etc.) early and get real user
      feedback on real use scenarios early and often.

  I immediately thought of the Python "process" as a real life example
  of this working!  Fortunately too, the "crop" of "manager"s is also
  growing!

  Congratulations to all that have been part of this process!!

Cheers,
  --ldl