[Python-Dev] mingw support?

linux at gabriel-striewe.de linux at gabriel-striewe.de
Sat Aug 7 21:55:41 CEST 2010

Dear list,

I was wondering whether there would ever be support for python to be
build by the mingw compiler suite. I found a few patches in the
internet but there were disagreeing comments on whether they are
functional or not.

So I would like to ask the list whether there are any technical
reasons that this is so. I did a search on the python site for mingw,
but all I found are explanations how to compile python modules, but
not python itself.

I know the question is why anybody should want to do so, but I do
think that a project which depends on a non-free compiler is not free
after all.

Regards,

Gabriel