[Python-Dev] r83885 - in python/branches/py3k: Lib/re.py Lib/test/test_re.py Misc/NEWS

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:56:19 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 22:34:18 +1000
> Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Do you know what needs to done for making Modules/Setup to reflect
>> > the changes in Modules/Setup.dist in the buildbots?
>> > On local checkouts, the compilation goes fine.
>>
>> The buildbot checkout scripts should probably do that copy as a matter
>> of course. There's no reason to support local modifications of
>> Modules/Setup on the buildbots.
>
> Florent found out that removing Modules/Setup is done as part of the
> "clean" stage:
> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/builders/i386%20Ubuntu%203.x/builds/1820/steps/clean/logs/stdio
> but the "clean" stage doesn't get run after a compile error:
> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/waterfall?show=x86%20gentoo%203.x

In that case, once you get a clean run through on the buildbots (with
the setup.py changes now in place), you should be OK to check the
fnmatch and re changes back in.

Longer term, the buildbot setup should be modified to run the cleanup
step even if the compilation step fails. I'm assume that is something
Martin needs to set up.

Cheers,
Nick.