[Python-Dev] Remove "unit test needed"

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Aug 12 19:41:51 CEST 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:02:29 -0400
Alexander Belopolsky <alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> I remember there was an idea somewhere to replace "patch" tag with a
> check-list with boxes for code, tests, and docs.  I think that would
> be better than "unit test needed" stage.

To me the simpler the better. If there's a patch then it's the
reviewer's task to point out what's missing - and that's
context-dependent: some fixes don't need a doc change or a test case
(or, at least, they can do without).

The rationale is that the more complex a system is, the less likely we
are to use it. Our current "keywords" are severely under-used.

Regards

Antoine.