[Python-Dev] Porting Ideas

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 20:39:43 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 13:17, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 13:02:00 -0600
> Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 12:51, Prashant Kumar <
> contactprashantat at gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > Hello everyone. My name is Prashant. I and my friend Zubin recently
> > > ported 'Configobj'. It would be great if somebody can suggest about
> > > any utilities or scripts that are being widely used and need to be
> > > ported.
> >
> > http://onpython3yet.com/ might be helpful to you. It orders the projects
> on
> > PyPI with the most dependencies which are not yet ported to 3.x.
>
> I don't know who did that page but it seems like there's some FUD there.
>
> simplejson, ctypes, pysqlite and others are available in the 3.x
> stdlib.

It grabs the info from their PyPI pages, which are probably not kept
up-to-date.

This was brought up at a local user group meeting and I think it can be a
useful tool, but as you can see it requires good input data which isn't
always the case for some packages.

Package authors: if you spent time making your project work on 3.x -- let
the world know, update your classifiers.