[Python-Dev] Repo frozen for 3.2

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Sun Dec 5 18:10:25 CET 2010

2010/12/5 Łukasz Langa <lukasz at langa.pl>:
> On a related note, if you're sure logging users don't use any interpolation,
> you can also use SafeConfigParser(interpolation=None) so then all values
> become raw by default (e.g. people can use Python string formatting
> directives, % signs etc.). We can discuss this later on  when the time comes
> for that.

This is the hard part, though.  So long as the users decide whether to
use the interpolation features, it has to be treated as an API
compatibility issue.

The interpolation syntax is a feature of the language being parsed
more than a code-level feature.  It's actually a good thing logging is
using the ancient ConfigParser, since the interpolation handling is so
broken there's unlikely to be any affected uses of '%' in working
configurations.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein