[Python-Dev] PEPs and versionadded

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Thu Dec 16 07:34:37 CET 2010

> It's an oversight.  The changes should be accompanied by version* directives.
> I see you already committed a change for compileall.rst - thanks for that!
> Please feel free to add anything you find missing or submit a bug report and
> assign it to me.

The PEP 3149 commits did not touch Doc, apart from sys.rst which got its
versionadded added (duh) a short time after the code changes.  I don’t
know if the introduction of ABI flags ought to be documented more
prominently; Doc/using seems still accurate, and Doc/distutils is rather
vague about extensions, so I guess we’re good.

PEP 3147 modified a handful of files in Doc; I’ve added missing
directives in r87312.

__cached__ is only described in library/runpy.rst and c-api/import.rst.
 If there is one canonical place to define what a module is (I couldn’t
tell from http://docs.python.org/dev/genindex-M), I think it should be
mentioned there.  Copy-pasting the paragraph about __cached__ from the
PEP would suffice.

Both PEPs are well covered in whatsnew.  Three cheers for Raymond!

Regards