[Python-Dev] Fault handler updated, now disabled by default

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Thu Dec 23 18:20:42 CET 2010

Le jeudi 23 décembre 2010 à 03:37 +0100, "Martin v. Löwis" a écrit :
> > So, do you agree with the fault handler? Does someone want to give a
> > last review because I commit it?
>
> It's a new feature, so regardless of whether it's correct or not
> (which I haven't reviewed yet), I don't think it should go in before
> 3.2 is released.

I tested my patch on Windows (XP), Ubuntu (10.4) and FreeBSD (8) and it
works correctly: all tests pass and the system fault handler (Windows
popup, Apport and core dump) is also called.

The fault handler is disabled by default and it is clearly separated
(eg. it doesn't touch the API of a module). Can't you make an exception
for this new feature?

The first answer to my previous email thread was Georg, answer starting
with "I very much like having a traceback on (some) segmentation
faults" :-)

Victor