[Python-Dev] Issue #10348: concurrent.futures doesn't work on BSD

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Dec 30 21:36:47 CET 2010

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> And, again, the threading-based API in concurrent.futures should work
>> fine anyway. Do you suggest we selectively disable the process-based
>> API?
>
> Yes. Importing concurrent.futures.process should fail.

If I understand correctly, it is possible to adjust BSD so that this
will work -- as a user I would much rather be informed of that, even as
  just a caution, than to have Python not have the functionality even
after I had fixed the OS problems.

Mind you, I have no idea how hard it would be to make this happen in the
module in an intelligent way.

~Ethan~