[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.5

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Feb 4 10:59:40 CET 2010

On Feb 03, 2010, at 11:50 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

>> Barry's answer was "yes" back in October.
>
>I will backport the patch if Barry says it's fine.  Feel free to ping me if
>that doesn't happen before the end of next week.

I still think this should go in 2.6.5.  The patch does not apply to the
current 2.6 branch because of changes in setup.py.  If the patch is ported,
reviewed and works with no regressions (when libreadline is both installed on
OS X 10.5 and 10.6 or not), then I'm okay with this going in.

I've made it a release blocker for 2.6.5 for now.

-Barry