[Python-Dev] setUpClass and setUpModule in unittest

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 19:55:34 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Michael Foord
> <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Several
>> authors of other Python testing frameworks spoke up *against* them, but
>> several *users* of test frameworks spoke up in favour of them. ;-)
>>

> +1 for having something like that included in unittest
>
>> I'm pretty sure I can introduce setUpClass and setUpModule without breaking
>> compatibility with existing unittest extensions or backwards compatibility
>> issues
>
> Is it possible to use the names `BeforeClass` and `AfterClass` (just
> to be make it look similar to JUnit naming conventions ;o) ?

Another Q:

  - class setup method will be a `classmethod` isn't it ? It should not be
     a regular instance method because IMO it is not bound to a particular
     `TestCase` instance.

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Embedding pages? - Trac Users | Google Groups  -
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TracGViz-full/~3/-XtS7h-wjcI/e4cf16474aa3cb87