[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.5

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:57:31 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> Besides, as Barry said, classifying a bug as blocker is also a good way
> to attract some attention on it. Other classifications, even "critical",
> don't have the same effect.

Unfortunately, not many people have privilege to change bug properties
to attract attention to the issues. For example, this patch -
http://bugs.python.org/issue7582 is ready to be committed, it is
trivial, not a release blocker, but would be nice be released. How to
make it evident if nobody except committers is able to add any
keywords to the issue? I suspect that even committers do not receive
this privilege automatically.

--
anatoly t.