[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.5

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:05:46 CET 2010

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> If a committer or triage
>> person sets an issue to release blocker it should mean that they think
>> the release manager should make a decision about that issue before the
>> next release.  That decision may well be that it shouldn't be a blocker.
>
> I think it's (slightly) worse. For the release manager to override the
> triage, he has to study and understand the issue and then make the
> decision. In the past, that *did* cause delays in releases (though not
> in bug fix releases). So committers should be *fairly* conservative in
> declaring stuff release-critical. The release manager's time is too
> precious.

When I've kicked issues in the RM's direction for a decision, I've
generally tried to make sure my last comment makes it clear exactly what
decision I'm asking them to make.

If I didn't want their opinion on some aspect of the issue I would just
reject it, postpone it or commit it myself :)

Cheers,
Nick.