[Python-Dev] pysandsox project

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Mon Feb 15 19:00:30 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> wrote:
> pysandbox is based on safelite.py, project written by tav one year ago (search
> tav in python-dev archive, February 2009). I tested RestrictedPython, but the
> approach is different (rewrite bytecode) and the project is not maintained
> since 3 or 4 years (only minor updates on the documentation or the copyright
> header).

Not that it matters much, but RestrictedPython [1] is pretty well
maintained for a seasoned library.

That doesn't mean it's a particular good solution to the problem, just
that it works for the use-case it was written for and is still in
widespread use as part of Zope / Plone.

Hanno

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/RestrictedPython