[Python-Dev] Ctrl-C handling in pdb

Ilya Sandler ilya.sandler at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 02:48:22 CET 2010

I have used pdb for several years and have always wanted a gdb-like
Ctrl-C handling: in gdb pressing Ctrl-C interrupts the program but the
execution can be resumed later by the user (while pdb will terminate
the program and throw you into postmortem debugging with no ability to
resume the execution).  So I implemented this functionality as

http://bugs.python.org/issue7245.

The patch is very simple: install a SIGINT handler and when SIGINT
arrives, set the tracing. The signal handler is only activated when
pdb is run as a script. I cann't think of any disadvantages.

If this functionality is indeed useful and I am not missing some
serious side effects, would it be possible to review the patch?

Thanks,

Ilya Sandler