[Python-Dev] some notes from the first part of the lang summit

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Sun Feb 21 10:30:37 CET 2010

Steven Bethard wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>> My notes from the session I led:
>>
>> + argparse
>>
>>    - Same issues brought up.
>
> For those of us not at PyCon, what were the issues?

I think they were all related to deprecation of optparse, not anything
to do with argparse itself. I don't recall any specific decision on
deprecation, but my sense was that optparse will be around for a long,
long time. There was also a quick discussion on maybe implementing
optparse using argparse, then getting rid of the existing optparse.
Maybe you can comment on that.

Eric.