[Python-Dev] Another mercurial repo

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:56:53 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 21:44, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are going to start working on a few things in Distutils at Pycon
>> outside the trunk.
>
> This would be full branch of Python? In that case, we probably don't
> want to go there yet, because the hashes of the python repository
> currently on hg.p.o will definitely change more and that will cause
> problems.

No that would be just a new fresh empty repository for "distutils 2"
that will be developed outside the Python stdlib for a while, and will
enventually get back into it when it's ready I guess.

I figured it would be easier for people to fork/clone it to work on it
if ts a DVCS, even if it's just me that can push in it for the moment.

But if this is too much trouble right now don't worry about it.

Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org