[Python-Dev] Question for you

Connor, Craig A. Craig.Connor at ngc.com
Tue Feb 23 21:41:43 CET 2010

Hello, Dave;
   My name is Craig Connor and I am a senior s/w developer at Northrop
I have a question for you. I have installed Boost (via the Installer),
and stored it into my
C Drive inside a dir called:

I also installed the Boost Jam into a directory called:

I am using 2 separate compilers in my Win OS XP (SP3)
and I would like to be able to use the Python module of Boost
in order to embed Python.h into my C++ compiler.

The C++ compilers that I have are:
o Dev-cpp, and
o Visual C++.net  (of MS Visual Studio.Net 2008).

   When I compile a simple program, I keep getting the error:
"pyconfig.h: No such file or directory".

The program I am trying to start with is (below):
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main( )
  cout << "Hello, Boost World!!" << endl;
  boost::any a(5);
  a = 7.67;
  system( "PAUSE" );
  return 0;

  I did set up my environmental config to go to the Boost dir.

  Do you know what am I doing wrong?

   Craig Connor