[Python-Dev] contributor to committer

Florent Xicluna florent.xicluna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:13:10 CET 2010

Hello,

I am a semi-regular contributor for Python: I have contributed many patches
since end of last year, some of them were reviewed by Antoine.
Lately, he suggested that I should apply for commit rights.

Some of the accepted patches:
 - Fix refleaks in py3k branch (#5596)
 - Extend stringlib fastsearch for various methods of bytes, bytearray
   and unicode objects (#7462 and #7622)
 - Various documentation patches, including FAQ

Recently, I worked with Ezio to fix some tests and to silence py3k warnings
in the test suite (#7092). And I am in touch with Fredrik to release
ElementTree 1.3 and port it to Python 2.7 (#6472).

As a final note, I would like to highlight a small script in the same spirit
as Pyflakes: pep8.py
I've contributed few patches for the version 0.5, released a week ago:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pep8/

--
Florent Xicluna