[Python-Dev] contributor to committer

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:21:46 CET 2010

Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Le Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:13:10 +0000, Florent Xicluna a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am a semi-regular contributor for Python: I have contributed many
>> patches since end of last year, some of them were reviewed by Antoine.
>
> Semi-regular is quite humble. You have been cranking out patches at a
> higher frequency than almost any of us in the last 3 months. We are
> exhausted of reviewing and (most of the time) committing your patches :)
> (fortunately, your work happens to be of consistently good quality)

Agreed, I'd been thinking this may be deserved based on the number of
"patch by Florent Xicluna" commit messages I had seen go by on the
checkins list.

The usual caveats apply though:
	- don't get carried away with the privileges
	- even core devs still put patches on the tracker sometimes
	- if in doubt, ask for advice on python-dev (or IRC)
	- make sure to subscribe to python-checkins

The last point covers the fact that most checkin messages will get an
after-the-fact review from other developers and those comments usually
go straight to the checkins list.

Cheers,
Nick.