[Python-Dev] __file__

Baptiste Carvello baptiste13z at free.fr
Sun Feb 28 21:45:56 CET 2010

Nick Coghlan a écrit :

> Another option is to remove bytecode-only support from the default
> filesystem importer, but keep it for zipimport (since the stat call
> savings don't apply in the latter case).

bytecode-only in a zip is used by py2exe, cx_freeze and the like, for space
reasons. Disabling it would probably hurt them.

However, making a difference between zipimport and the filesystem importer means
the application will stop working if I unzip the library zip file, which is
surprising. Unzipping the zip file can be handy when debugging a bug caused by a
forgotten module.

Cheers,
Baptiste