[Python-Dev] bug triage

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Jan 6 12:25:16 CET 2010

Hi Chris,

> Is there a high volume of incoming bugs to the Python tracker?
> If so, I'd like to help with triaging. I think I have all the necessary
> access, what I'm missing is the knowledge of how to set myself up to get
> notifications of new bugs...

Do you really want to get such notifications? There may be a lot of them.
If you want however, you can join #python-dev on IRC (irc.freenode.net) where
there's a bot which posts updates of all bugs on the tracker. There's usually
not a lot of discussion going on so you probably won't feel flooded.

In addition to bug triage, what is needed is reviewing of existing patches, as
well as writing patches for issues which haven't been addressed yet :-)

Regards

Antoine.