[Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 2.7 alpha 2

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jan 11 23:55:01 CET 2010

+1 from me. (With the caveat that "time will tell" is definitely the
ultimate answer. Plans may change unexpectedly, even though we don't
expect them to.)

PS. I'm surprised that Martin thinks that the -3 mode in 2.6 is not
helpful. But I trust he has ported a lot more code to 3.x than I have
personally. Are there other experiences?

--Guido

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> So, it should say "Guido wants 2.7 to be the last main version of
>> Python 2, so it probably will be. We promise to release bugfixes it
>> for, like, ages".
>>
>> No need to be needlessly formal. :-D
>
> That summarizes my understanding of what Guido said fairly well :-)
>
> +1 for putting it into the announcements.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)