[Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 2.7 alpha 2

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Jan 12 00:47:55 CET 2010

> David Lyon <david.lyon <at> preisshare.net> writes:
> >
> > > This has nothing to do with pushing 3.x, but all with managing
> > > available manpower and still providing quality software.
> >
> > Python 3.x needs more carrots.

I'd be happy to move UpLib to Python 3, when the various packages that I
need are also on Python 3.  And that depresses me to think about.  I
need

   Medusa
   ReportLab
   PyLucene
   Email
   Vobject
   Mutagen
   Pyglet
   Hachoir
   Win32

I'm on the mailing lists for a lot of these, and the only one that I
know is thinking about Python 3 is Email.  I'd expect Win32 and PIL to
also be thinking about it, but I haven't heard anything.

Bill