[Python-Dev] topics I plan to discuss at the language summit

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Jan 12 11:20:27 CET 2010

Le Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:57:46 -0600, Brian Curtin a écrit :

> For example, there are currently over
> 1500 open issues with no stage set, some of which seemingly haven't been
> read by anyone at all.

I think most issues /have/ been read. It's just that for many of them,
nobody is interested enough in or feels competent enough for fixing them.

> Would a properly set stage field save issues from
> falling into a black hole?

I don't think this has anything to do with properly setting the stage
field. We just have limited time and manpower. Perhaps one of our goals
should be to reach out more to potential contributors.

> Food for thought: according to the last tracker summary, there are over
> 1000 open issues with a patch, and issues stay open an average of 700
> days (median 450).

As for open issues with a patch, a "code review" button sending this
patch to Rietveld (or any other similar tool) is something many of us
have been hoping for :-) It would make reviewing easier, faster and more
thorough (because you visualize things better than by looking at a diff).

Regards

Antoine.