[Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 2.7 alpha 2

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Wed Jan 13 18:38:26 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 18:29, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> Please consider trying Python 2.7 with your code and reporting any bugs you may

I ran the Mercurial test suite on current trunk, and it worked
alright. There was a small issue with the fact that mimetypes got
fooled by the lack of ImportError from _winreg (which I solved by
blacklisting _winreg in demandimport), and one test fails likely
because of a change in MIME handling. Will look into that. So the
state of trunk looks rather solid from where I sit.

Cheers,

Dirkjan