[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration readiness

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jul 2 15:06:03 CEST 2010

anatoly techtonik writes:

 > Why this transition is not described in PEP?

Please reread the whole thread, and the PEP.

PEP 385 is *incomplete* (see the red Warning at the top), and the
original proponent *is not going to have enough time to complete it
soon*.  That being the case, Martin suggested that either we find a
new proponent or postpone the transition to next year.  We're
currently in the process of finding a new proponent and supporting
cast, and determining what, if anything, we're going to do about the
transition over the next few months.

There is no reason at this point to suppose the transition can't be
complete by the end of summer.  However, as always, the devil is in
the details, and one of them may be a showstopper.  We'll just have to
see about that.