[Python-Dev] Are you ready for Mercurial migration?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Jul 2 19:17:59 CEST 2010

anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Do you plan to read ~100 page long hginit.com tutorial after *it happens?
>> That tutorial is not ~100 pages. It's actually a good tutorial.
>
> That's why I posted it here, but it still >80 pages in my browser.
>
>> Feel free to copy that into Google Wave.
>
> Thanks for feedback. It appears that I overestimated the
> ubiquitousness of Google Wave. It already has some valuable feedback
> and I would really prefer to carry out all discussions there.
>
> In particular Gnome project members estimated as very important the
> point of publishing instructions about how to use new DVCS workflow
> _before_ migration. We don't have this for the moment.

My own experience (I was pretty "meh" about it when people were tweeting
"tweet me for an invite to the wave") is that you have to persist, and
learn different habits for each set of collaborators. I suppose I should
approve of it on account of how it improves geek social skills.

If the wave were to result in good documentation about how to *get*
ready that would be an amazingly useful contribution.

regards
 Steve
DjangoCon US September 7-9, 2010    http://djangocon.us/
See Python Video!       http://python.mirocommunity.org/